Friday, February 2, 2024

Sad news - Percy has passed away.

Hi everyone,

The mum here. I know I haven't posted at all in the last few years, but I've spent the last few days looking back at all the entries I made with Percy over his first years with me. I'm sad to tell you that Percy passed away yesterday at age 19. He had been poorly with kidney disease for a while, slowly declining, but from August of last year, he'd been losing weight despite everything we tried. He had an ultrasound too, and we weren't sure if it was cancer, but it might have been.

He was the best of cats, and myself and my spouse will miss him very much indeed.

December 21, 2004 - February 1, 2024


If you want to check out some of my more recent posts, with lots of photos of Percy in the last few years, I am on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alyslinn/

Thank you to Ann @ Zoolatry for the beautiful image of Percy:




19 comments:

TimberLove said...

On to Valhalla kit-cat,

Timber

My Mind's Eye said...

Percy what a handsome House Panther you were with beautiful green eyes
My sympathy to your family
Cecilia

Brian's Home Blog said...

We are so very sorry to hear about your dear Percy. He was such a handsome dude. Love and hugs from all of us.

Kea said...

My thoughts are with you as you grieve Percy's passing. Sending hugs and Universal Light.

Kim and her angels

Zoolatry said...

Rest well forever, most beautiful boy.

catladymac said...

We send purayers and Power of the Paw to all who loved this handsome boy !

John Bellen said...

Nineteen is a grand age for a cat, yet not long enough to spend with him. Godspeed, Percy.

The Island Cats said...

We remember Percy. So sorry to hear this sad news. Sending comforting purrs.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Percy sure was blessed for being able to reach 19 years of kitty life!
But no matter how or when it feels so raw when they have to depart from us... We lost two in two months time and it is not easy.
Feel warmly embraced and Ann indeed created a lovely memorial for sweet Percy.
Hugs,
Mariette

pilch92 said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your handsome boy. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. Percy had a wonderfully long life with you, yet it's never long enough...

meowmeowmans said...

We are so sorry to read of Percy's passing. Thank you for loving him so much, and so well. Sending gentle purrs and prayers your way as you miss your special boy.

Molly the Airedale said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Huge hugs♥

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

I am sending you an email...I made a memen to for you in Percy's honor.

I'm so sorry for your loss, even after a long life, its too soon, isn't it?

Sending love and hugs to you at this difficult time.

(I will post it to my blog, soon.)

(( https://pipoandminkoandfreckleswoofs.blogspot.com ))

Peachy, Stippie, Angel Binky and Granny said...

So sorry for the loss of your sweet Percy. Soft Pawkisses to comfort youπŸΎπŸ˜½πŸ’ž
Fly free beautiful Soul✨

Tails Around the Ranch said...

So very sorry to learn your handsome panther, Percy has earned his angel wings. Elsa, Wilson and I send tender thoughts of comfort. πŸ’”

Eastside Cats said...

Farewell, Angel Percy!

Leah said...

Although I did not know Percy before, I am so sorry to learn of his loss. I know how hard it is to lose kitties. We send purrs and wishes for comfort.

The Florida Furkids said...

We are sorry to hear your sweet Percy has gone OTB. We didn't know him but understand the heartbreak of losing a furry friend.